Ice cream on its own is a delicious, creamy and smooth confection that takes us back to our childhood when calorie was an alien word the adults constantly spoke of. When ice cream toppings were added, Click Here we thought that it was definitely better than the three-letter word that adults spoke about, too, albeit in hushed tones when we were around. Well, in many ways, the toppings on ice cream transform a delicious treat into a scrumptious piece of heaven, never mind the added calories.
Even the names are sufficient to transport us into fits of anticipation. Caramel, fudge, strawberry, raspberry, chocolate, peanut butter and butterscotch, sprinkles, M&Ms, crushed cookies and Oreos, nuts, candies and the so-called Magic Shell – these are just a few of the toppings and sauces that we all love. As our tastes grew, we might add wine-based sauces to our ice-creams – exotic, yes, but very delicious, indeed.
No matter the ice-cream toppings we choose, it always seemed like vanilla-flavored ice-cream was the best base. No surprise there as vanilla is a blank slate upon which many flavors can be placed on and still taste of both vanilla and whatever topping was used. Call it a synergy between ice-cream and topping, if you will.
But this does not necessarily mean that no other ice-cream flavor will do. For example, we were known for mixing peanut butter ice cream with a banana-flavored sauce and then topped with just about anything from candy sprinkles to crushed cookies, even jelly. Yes, it may have seemed gross to the adults but it was pure heaven to a child’s mouth.
After all, when it comes to ice-cream toppings, each person’s choice should be respected simply because you will not be the one eating them. Better yet, you should move away from your comfort zone and try new flavors. You will be surprised at how even the oddest-sounding sauce actually tastes so delicious you will regret not tasting it many moons ago.
Toppings and sauces can be bought in many online sites and supermarkets. We recommend buying online for the sheer number of choices available as well as for the ease and convenience of online shopping. Just to provide more details on the various ice-cream sauces and toppings:
* Candy toppings are usually round in shape and can include cinnamon Imperials, Reese’s pieces, Skittles, and spice drops
* Chocolate candies like the M&Ms varieties of plain, peanuts and minis.
* Nut toppings like peanuts, walnuts, almonds, pecans and pistachios
* Baked toppings like chocolate chips, butterscotch and cookies
* Sprinkles from white to all colors of the rainbow
* Gummy candy in rainbow colors and various shapes from animals to hearts
* Sauces like hot fudge, caramel and butterscotch
* Magic shell toppings, which solidifies when it comes in contact with the cold ice cream, in various flavors
* Fresh fruits can be chopped and placed as toppings with whipped cream for added panache
Indeed, with this wide variety of ice cream toppings available, who can resist the allure of the icy treat especially on a hot summer day? At least, not where my family and friends are concerned.
A lot of people ask us about the best ice-cream machines.